Friday, June 08, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Central NJ Mountain Range Adds a Small Hill


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The mysterious mountain range that appeared in central NJ north of Princeton increased today by one small hill. To add to the strange nature of this geological anomaly, the hill is already populated with pricey homes with names like Socks That Rock, Lisa Souza, and Spunky Eclectic. A small elephant was seen attempting to scale the heights.

A middle-aged red-haired woman, who goes by her Chippewa name She Who Needs To Get Back To Work, was found unconscious at the base of the hill, clutching a half-finished Step sock and a badly curled Addi Turbo size 0US.

So far nobody has come forward to identify her. Police are asking for your help. If you know the identity of the anonymous knitter, please contact Knitters Anonymous. Your identity will be protected.

Photograph supplied by NASA.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

I like the elephant. ;)

11:16 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I hope those fibery mountain ranges find their way to south central IN I have been to central NJ and missed the wonderous mountains/hills :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Knitterary said...

LOL! I'm getting ready to climb sock mountain myself. Summer is for socks!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That's one brave elephant!! And some lovely looking sock yarn!! I know I'd like to climb a fiber mountain like that, k2, p2!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Liz! That's it: the dangerous K2P2! How many climbers have been lost en route to the summnit? (How many got stuck at base camp?)

12:40 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Goodness gracious...you are making the mountains of Montana jealous! Oh how I wish I was that elephant...imagine cozying up with all that fiber?!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a mountain I wouldn't mind climbing. :~)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Knittygoodness said...

Hmmm....middle aged redhead....sounds familiar….oh wait….that wasn’t me. . ;) Nice mountain range though and very impressive elephant.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Old redheads loooove Lisa Souza! Especially old redheads from Redford. :-)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mountain worth climbing.

4:21 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

If you can send me precise GPS coordinates for the fallen climber's location I can rush in with a flask or chocolate or whatever else might revive the fallen knitter!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

LOL, kshotz!

The elephant is the perfect touch, Barbara, though I like the Wizard of Oz nod in the previous News Post too.

Have a good weekend!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home