Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seven facts about Cindi

This seven random facts challenge is fascinating. And it’s made me dig deep to find things about myself that are half as interesting as everyone else, but I’m game to try:
1. I grew up on a goat dairy. Nancy had horses wandering into her kitchen, we had goats who learned to open the door and trot down the hall to my bedroom, searching for someone to play with.
2. Though I always wanted to be a writer, at one time I also thought about becoming a professional singer. A friend of my family’s offered to pay for me to record a demo tape and to put me in touch with some professional music promoters in Austin, where I lived at the time. It was tempting, but I decided I’d prefer to write. I’ve never regretted the decision.
3. I met my husband on a blind date and we were engaged six weeks later.
4. I was once the only female employee of a travel agency where the four other employees were gay men.
5. I never belonged to the SCA, but I had a lot of friends who did. Every year during the Renaissance Festival, my husband and I attended in costume.
6. I used to sew a lot and made my own wedding dress, and the wedding dress of my brother’s first wife. (Sadly, I think it took longer to make the dress than the wedding lasted.)
7. I have two tattoos and am contemplating getting another one soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

I have a tattoo! I am allergic to the planet however, so before going all out and getting the dragon with dagger on my ankle, we did a test dot to see if I would react.

I reacted. So now I have an inked freckle. I would like to get a second dot and a curved line underneath it like :) so I could have an emoticon on my forearm.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Georg, your tattoo story has me ROFL! An inked freckle indeed! You're right: an emoticon would be perfect. Still ROFL!

Cindi, now you have to tell us what your tattoos look like. I won't ask where they are; way too personal!

Gosh, I would have loved to have goats as playmates. You lucky girl!

5:44 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I think the test dot was smart. Few things are worse than half a tatt and me carted off to the Emergency Room. :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Nancy, I have a hummingbird and a flowering vine and a butterfly and the same flowering vine. What can I say? I'm a girly girl.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Ooooh, Cindi, sounds pretty!

Georg, the emergency room scenario would be a bad thing. I'm not saying you weren't smart but the inked freckle just tickled my funny bone.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jean C. Gordon said...

No tattoos for me. But I made my wedding dress and my daughter's, too -- and she has a Celtic Cross tattoo. Also, didn't grow up with any farm animals, but we have a pair of pigs now, rabbits, and a flock of chickens and ducks now. They belong to my daughter and sil.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

We had chickens and ducks when I was growing up, Jean. My job was taking care of the chickens -- I loved them. I would have them now if it weren't for all the critters around here that would eat them.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home