Thursday, June 07, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Mountain Range Discovered in Central NJ . . . film at 11




















FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A new mountain range has been discovered seven miles north of Princeton in central New Jersey. Eyewitnesses said that the sudden emergence of a "rainbow-colored series of mountains" snarled traffic between Philadelphia and New York and has led to widespread speculation that this is only the beginning of a major new geological era.

The major peak is currently flanked by two lesser peaks of equally vivid coloration. A truck driver motoring south on Route 206 claimed he saw sock-shaped clouds and the words "Surrender Barbara" in the skies over Somerset County but that remains unconfirmed.

NASA claims sightings of new and larger ranges in Oregon. Details as they emerge.


















Aerial photos courtesy of NASA

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Redford Phyl said...

OMG! I will NEVER be embarrassed about the size of my sock yarn stash again. Mine is a baby compared to those piles.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG....lol! And I thought my sock yarn stash was big. :~)

11:09 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

I am in awe of you and your stash. Although this does go against modern scientific findings, I do like your version of how mountain ranges come into being.

11:18 PM  
Blogger kozmic said...

I think I've stopped breathing! Must be a bad case of altitude sickness. What a mountain of sock yarn - I've just turned the same colour green as Shrek. *sigh*

1:14 AM  
Blogger monica said...

What great pictures from NASA. And a great stash too.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

WOW! That is some terrific scenery!! I'm drooling!! What great socks could be made from those mountains! My sock yarn stash is just a little bump in the road compared to this!!!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could a mountain be any prettier

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thank you! Thank you for providing hard evidence as proof to my husband that my sock yarn stash is truly not that large!

9:31 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Beautiful yarn. You have a great collection.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I knew you would understand! As far as stashes go, I know of some that make my mountain look like an anthill.

There is, however, a method to my madness. Wait and see . . .

9:40 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Holy cow! I'm staying tuned for the evening news, that's for sure!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Okay, you had me laughing, especially with the credit to NASA! :-)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Wow, Barbara! I'm so impressed. And more than a little jealous of all that wonderful yarn!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home