Saturday, January 13, 2007

YarnX(change): 1 skein Cool Stuff

I went temporarily insane two summers ago at Patternworks in New Hampshire. I mean I actually took leave of my senses and claimed anything and everything that wasn't already still attached to sheep, alpaca, or swimming in a mystery vat in some mad scientist's lab.



















My AmEx is still recovering.

One of my purchases was the utterly irresistible Cool Stuff, an odd 150 yard melange of fizzy and funky novelty yarns in shades of hyacinth and lavender and orchid that made me feel good just looking at it. I had a plan (don't I always??) for it, the ubiquitous skinny diagonal scarf that showed off the color/yarn changes to best advantage. (Did I mention that Cool Stuff comprises many different yarns of different textures?) I envisioned the recipient's delight when she saw the finished product, how much she'd love it, how even the $50 price tag was nothing compared to that.

Well, I changed my mind. Somewhere between my Patternworks euphoria and casting on, I discovered that she not only wouldn't appreciate a homegrown gift, she would actually feel offended by it.

Scratch one Cool Stuff scarf.

Scratch the urge to knit it for someone else.

Here are some stats:


  • 150 yards
  • Cotton, Viscose, Poly, Nylon, Silk
  • 3-4 ounces
  • #8US needles
  • Custom dyed by PrismYarn.com

All in gorgeous light purples, lavenders, orchids, etc. (I may append a photo tomorrow.)

Anyway it's yours for the taking. If you're interested post a comment. I'll check back Monday afternoon and if you're the only taker, it's yours. If not, I'll log onto the handy dandy Random Number Generator and pick a winner.

Let the YarnX (and our Season of Stash) begin!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kenyetta said...

I am interested, email me the price!

9:33 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

How beautiful! This is one skein of cool stuff alright...I'll have to check back a second time as the pictures are always there then.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I didn't make myself clear, did I? FREE. No price. No $ amount. This is a yarn adoption.

10:04 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Wow...that is clear to me! The colors you described are my favorites...you will need your number generator now! (It was the math teacher in me that made me require the use of numbers!)

10:08 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I will give it a good home, loving and caring and a bright future.

12:38 AM  
Blogger kozmic said...

I'm sure that gorgeous ball of yumminess ( is that a real word??) would just love a new home in summery New Zealand ! :0)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Lizardknits said...

Include me in! Purples/lavenders are my very favorite!

12:17 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

I'd love to give it a home by knitting it up for my swap buddy in Germany who's favorite flower is hydrangea blue/purple!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Wow I'd love this, I've heard such good things about it.
Twould be ideal for my year of hospice shawls:))
Amber in Scotland

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun it would be to make that diagonal scarf! Wonderful colors.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Donna Wingfield, the Cool Stuff is yours! Please email me your snail mail address and I'll ship it out tomorrow. You can reach me at wickedsplitty@earthlink.net

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home