Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Revolution

Forget the same-old, same-old. Though wanting to lose weight or quit smoking or exercise more are wonderful resolutions, I'm up for something new. Something that will make me better - more soulful, perhaps? - on the inside while I'm working on the outside.

So here are a few revolutionary ideas to get me started:

I'm going to enjoy my writing again. IOW, the pressure's off. I'm already writing a story I really like, something I used to do all the time. If it sells to a NY publisher, great. If it doesn't ... hey, I've got my own small press, Delphi Books, and I can publish it there.

I'm going to knit something, maybe several somethings, just for me. The RTY Knit-A-Long provides the perfect opportunity for me to take the plunge on that spring shrug I've been eyeing for what seems like forever. And the money I got from my DH for Christmas is more than enough to buy some soft, EXPENSIVE yarn. I'm worth it ... I think.

I'm going to quit judging other people because the jury is still out on me. Eek! As much as I hate to admit it, this is a biggie for me. I don't know when I became such a snap-judgment kind of gal - maybe I'll find out when the jury comes in - but it ends today. And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'm going to continue my five-day-a-week exercise routine ... even if it kills me. LOL!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm going to read more, pray more, laugh more and say "no" more often.

Anyone else up for a revolution?

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I like that idea, a "revolution". One of my things that I've been wanting to do for years is volunteer more. This is going to be something that I do for myself this year. I'm aleady looking at things that I can do with my rather erratic schedule and am excited aobut the prospect of fulfilling an old goal. Let the revolution begin!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

What a grand concept: revolution instead of resolution!

Fran, I'm with you on so much of what you said (and I notice you snuck the exercise in there--LOL).

As for the expensive yarn (and you are definitely worth it!), I highly recommend cashmere. Using it for my husband's scarf has been sheer pleasure--I love just having the scarf draped over my lap because it's so soft and SO warm.

7:41 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Lush yarns, rich full life - that's my kind of revolution! I'm with you on the soulful resolutions.

This year, I'm not going to waste time on trivial things. The trick is recognizing the trivial in whatever I'm bothered about.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home