Monday, December 18, 2006

Ta-da!!!



This is my first-ever finished sock. I know, I know, it looks like something Whizzo the Clown might wear. But the person I've made it for (and am wrapping the mate's yarn for) is something of a jester himself. Hence, a pair of socks to make him smile. I hope.

I honestly didn't think I'd be able to do this and am proud of myself for sticking with it. I've even tried on the sock. It's too big in the foot for me but should fit the receiver perfectly. Plus, the yarn feels warm and wonderful. And I can barely see the two little mistakes I made.

Happy, Merry and lots of hugs!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dancingfarmer said...

WOW! great colors! very bold. I am sure your recipient will smile (maybe even laugh) with joy upon recieving such a colorful gift :-)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I LOVE that sock! Fabulous graphic design! It will make everyone who sees it smile.

5:27 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Fun, fun sock! Congratulations on finishing the first sock!

8:11 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

BRAVO!!!!!!! Well done!
Kim

8:52 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Now that is one FAB sock! And may I suggest that should said FAB sock ever find itself footless, a willing sockless foot belonging to a struggling writer in central NJ would be willing to take on the job.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

Fran - That's a gorgeous sock. My very first pair of socks were in that same yarn and I've worn them happily for a couple of years. I'm sure your friend will love them.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home