Saturday, December 09, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 39


grouch1006
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

***GUEST PET: This is my pal Groucho. He's a 19 year old Yellow Nape Amazon who was born in Kansas City. We found him when he was ten weeks old, a tiny round bundle of feathers too young to perch or crack open sunflower seeds.

To say I adore his every feather is an understatement. I mean, he greets me in the morning with a cheery, "Good morning, Sweetheart" and an occasional "Shiver me timbers."

See the towel stuffed under the ottoman? That's to keep parrots from disappearing under the furniture. The old furniture was a tad higher and we had to sweep parrots out from under the sofa a few times a day.***

I designed a pair of wrist warmers.

I'll pause while the amazingness of that statement sinks in. I'm not saying I reinvented the wheel or anything. I'm not saying that there aren't a bushelful of modifications I need to/want to make on the next pair but I did it and it worked.

Pix tomorrow but the gist of it is as follows:

42 stitches
K2P2 ribbing for 5 rows
Switch to the faux cable from the Simply Splendid Socks in SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS
Continue until you feel like doing a buttonhole thumb
Continue in pattern for another inch
Then do 10 rows of K2P2 ribbing

I'll show you the places where the above really doesn't work when I post the photos but right now I feel like the love child of Elizabeh Zimmerman and Barbara Walker.

(It doesn't take much to make me a happy knitter.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oooh, I'm going to try that pattern, Barbara. Thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to see pix and hear what didn't work exactly right.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Barbara, Groucho is adorable! Can't wait to see the pictures of your wrist warmers.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home