Thursday, November 16, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 16


***GUEST PET: Malvina tells us, "This is Tess, my gorgeous dark tortoiseshell cat. She's lying on the bed in the photo (of course), but she often pulls out DH's sweaty sports clothes from the wash and rolls around on them, for all the world like a dog rolling joyously in something noxious. Makes us laugh every time. She begs for and then tries to bury her food; the floor around her plates gets a thorough scraping as she determinedly 'buries' it after she's finished eating every day. Maybe she thinks she's a dog? She's probably the most gorgeous cat I've ever owned, and she's heading for 13 years old."

I think Tess looks like royalty.

I have a soft spot for tortoiseshell cats. The very first cat my husband and I ever rescued (and found a happy home for) was a beautiful six month old tortie who had been tossed out of a car on Sunrise Highway one Labor Day weekend. Hamptons vacationers had a nasty habit of adopting cute little kittens at the end of spring, enjoying their company all summer at the beach, then dumping them on the highway when they returned to their city lives.

We were able to give quite a few of them happier endings than their original owners intended.***

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those odious city folk! Being mean to kitties. Makes me ashamed to have to share my birthplace with those asses. In our (Native New Yorker's) defense, most of them are out-of-towners who move here as an excuse to behave like ugly Americans and think it is this that makes them true New Yorkers.

I am loving the guest pets!

10:21 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Pretty kitty! She looks so much like my Birdie, who came to us as a street-tough stray and turned into a sweetie.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home