Full 'er Up!
That’s my box, all fulled up!
Well, actually the first photo shows it empty.
Now it’s being useful…
And here it is being decorative…
And that’s the last I’ll see of it because it’s going off to my husband’s golf locker to hold the stuff he empties out of his pockets while he plays.
I took a little bit of everyone’s advice about the fulling:
1) I zipped it in a pillow cover, as per Dallas;
2) I put a teaspoon of detergent in, as per Fran;
3) I threw in a couple of pairs of jeans, as per Dallas;
4) I ran it through the wash cycle twice, as per Jean;
5) I let it spin (because I’m very lazy), as per Kshotz;
6) I shaped it with rolled up washcloths, as per Mason Dixon Knitting. (Since it was their pattern, I thought I should take some of their advice.)
It takes a village to complete one of my fulling projects and I’m so grateful for all of your excellent suggestions. I think it looks pretty good for a first attempt. And it works!