Sunday, October 22, 2006

SOCK HOP - Day 22



David Beckham.

I think he's an athlete.

(Kidding. I saw BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM. I know who he is.)




Here's the finished Red Sprinkles Spiral #1. It looks like a sock snake, doesn't it? I'm trying very hard to like it (liking it makes the second sock a whole lot easier to knit) but so far I just plain don't.

Wool-Ease. #2US Addi Turbos. The After Bertha pattern from SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS.



I'm not too sure about this one either. Sirdar Highlander. #4US Addi Turbos. A weird cable stitch that doesn't form a criss-cross cable at all. It's more of a glorified spiral with the ghostly image of a pattern between the spirals. Yawn.

This is the Dad's Easy Cables (or some such) pattern from (what else?) SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS. I couldn't wait to start this pattern and now I'm . . . disappointed. I considered frogging the whole thing and turning to a new pattern but a fierce knitterly stubborness seems to have taken root and I'm determined to grit my teeth and finish it or know the reason why.

There's a knitting lesson to be learned with each of these socks and if I ever figure out what it is I promise to share.

Right now I'm trying valiantly to keep myself from casting on yet another pair of socks to make up for all of this drab disappointment. (And that's not counting the STEP socks still in medias res.)

Boy, do I wish it was time to start felting . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

There is a cuff at the top, JB: four inches of plain old K3P3 ribbing! But it seems to become invisible once you begin offsetting the stitches to accentuate the spiral. The total length on this sock is 18" -- I'm thinking it could've used four or five more inches. I'm just not happy with it but refuse to frog. (Stubborn? Me??)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

JB, don't make any rash decisions! To be honest I don't see where the K3P3 makes a bit of difference. The whole damn sock is K3P3, just spiraling. (And actually all items knit in the round spiral. That's why there's the color jog problem.) Try it on. If it feels like it'll stay up, don't mess with it.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home