Friday, October 20, 2006

SOCK HOP - Day 20







You gotta love a man who can wear knee socks with aplomb.



















Nancy, our Anti-Sock Knitter, asked if you could knit Entrelac socks. I knew the answer to that but was under the influence of Nyquil at the time and couldn't gather sufficient wits to type up a response. (Or operate a scanner for that matter.) See those gorgeous socks on your right? Entrelac! Courtesy of my oft-mentioned SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS. I think they're breathtaking.







We have a spectacular progress report from Julie:

julie1
"L to R: Big black socks for Socks for Soldiers, Claudia Navy Olive socks in baby cable rib; Cashmere socks (yum!); Conwy from Knitting on the Road, in Lorna's Laces Jeans."


julie2

"Claudia Navy Olive Sock. Making it up as I go, using the baby cable rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. "

My Bretton Yarn from Patternworks arrived yesterday. Talk about a miracle cure! I took one look at the rich color, one fondle of the wonderful softness, and all was right with my world. Seriously, it's terrific yarn and I can't wait to turn it into something worthy of its specialness. Even if it was named after a New Hampshire landmark and not a certain New Jersey writer, seeing a yarn with your name on it is still pretty cool.




I'm not sure you can appreciate the depth of the Hunter Green but it's quite something in person. I'm thinking of socks for a close friend who'd better not be reading this. Or maybe a scarf. On second thought, no scarf. Last year was the year of the Hat and Scarf Set for unsuspecting friends. This just might be the year of the Sock. Only time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, those entrelac socks are beautiful! I'm tempted, very tempted.

The Bretton yarn looks incredibly soft and silky in the photo. The colors are luscious. I can't wait to see what you create out of it! BTW, my feet were really cold today. Hint, hint.

11:34 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Liam in a kilt.....
humma humma!

and all those socks look good too!
;-)

Kim

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home