Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wild Hairs

This is Squeaky, the little feral cat that came to live with us this last winter. We don't know exactly how old she is, close to a year we think, but she's spayed and vaccinated and learning what it's like to eat on a regular basis. She loves our dogs, Mac the Scottie and Emily the Shi-Tzu, and they love her too. One of her favorite places to sleep is in my chair, when I'm working at the computer. She winds herself around me - my own furry fanny pack! - and purrs herself off to dreamland.

The point of all this? Well, her hair has joined the dogs' hair in my knitting. In fact, I just finished felting another purse and found all kinds of stray hairs in it when I brushed it out. It occurs to me that if I keep acquiring animals, I'll never have to buy any Fun Fur again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nothing like a cat to curl up to...unless it's a big, goofy dog to shower you with sloppy affection.

Jean

7:53 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Now wait! I have to stand up for the feathered contingent. I'm owned by three parrots and you haven't knitted until you've knitted with a big green bird swinging from your circular needle!

Barbara

3:14 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

I'm keeping my dogs and cat out of this one, Barbara. We've had parakeets but no parrots. And big sloppy dogs, too.

Welcome Linda and n0odz1!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home