Monday, July 31, 2006

New project!

Okay, like I need another project...but I stopped at my favorite yarn source, Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe (always a mistake if I want to walk out emptyhanded, but oh, so much fun!) on the way home today, and got not only a lesson in I-cord (yes, I'm a moron about directions, but they were very kind about it) but found a cool mitred square purse pattern--yay!

I also picked up some Cascade Quatro (raspberry and pink) and Ironstone Hot Stuff to make little felted purses for my grandgirlies. Okay, no, I haven't done the Kureyon purse for myself yet and no, I'm not finished with the cross-stitch calendar (but I worked on it a lot this weekend, if that counts), but it is just so dang much fun to buy yarn and plan projects, isn't it?

The Bluebonnet folks always have people sitting around knitting and chatting, and on Wednesday nights, they stay open late for people to gather and knit. It's my dream to get to be one of them, one fine day. In the meantime, I'll keep dropping by and salivating over the beautiful yarns and cool sample projects scattered all over the store.

Oh--and Terey, was it you oohing over the lighted needles? I saw some in the flesh! How fun!

Jean

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraP said...

If it weren't so much fun to buy yarn and plan projects, I wouldn't have such a huge fiber stash.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I made the huge mistake of piling all of my sock yarn in one place. Result? I can't find my dining room. Be afraid . . . be very afraid!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home