Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm so weak!

My fiber stash would fill a room if I kept it in one place. Yarns, unspun wool, fabric, and then of course there's the equipment, which might fit in that same room if did a bit of cramming and rearranging. My preference is to tuck it here and there around the house, and of course, hide a large quantity in the attic in tubs, tins, and trunks. I've enough fiber to keep me busy for decades. So what do I do when I spot clearance yarn in a certain discount store that shall not be named? I knew I should resist. Then I started thinking of that nice young man my daughter's dating, and how cold that south Texas boy will be during the next Missouri winter. I could make him a scarf, I thought. I don't know if he likes scarves or would wear one, but if that doesn't work out, that fuzzy yarn would make a nice two-tone throw for my other daughter's dorm room.

Rationalization - I know, a sure symptom of addiction. It's true that I'm a fiber addict, and to make things worse, I adore a good bargain. And this yarn was half price, which actually worked out to be about 30 percent of suggested retail. Who could resist that?

Besides, as the husband of a fiber acquaintance declared at a fiber festival a few years ago, 'she who dies with the most wool wins.'

I'm definitely a contender.

What do you think? I have thirteen skeins of Red Heart Symphony here to add to the stash. Should I make scarves? A two-tone throw? Hats? Warm, luxurious (yet washable!) mittens?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I vote for a throw. I think those colors would make a gorgeous warm wraparound blanket. They make me think of crisp fall evenings in front of a fire.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home