Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My first felting!!!!



I just did my first felted purse--this is SO much fun! It's like magic, how it works! I made mistakes, of course--Fran, you warned me that it would shrink, but when I was knitting, it seemed just huge...but I underestimated just how much it would shrink. But I don't like carrying a big purse, anyway, so this will be fine.

I cannot get over how much the appearance changes--and this first time worked out so well, even on a non-exotic Lion wool. Can't wait to see how the Kureyon does!

I got impatient and felted this before I'd done the I-cord, partly because I had this cool satiny cord I thought I'd use--but I'm doing the I-cord now, just to practice on to see how much it will shrink.

Cannot WAIT to try the next felting project!!!!

Jean
www.jeanbrashear.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

OMG, Jean!!!!!!!!!!! That is beyond fabulous. You are clearly a felting savant! Jealously yours, BB

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felting is so much fun! I think my first project was a Booga Bag a few years ago out of Kureyon. Still get compliments on it. I've done a ton of felted clogs. And one seriously pathetic looking "evening bag".

Glad to find some other writer/knitters!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oh, Jean, the bag is beautiful! Love the satin cord, too. I've thought about trying a different cord, just because it's different. Now I'm really inspired. Pat yourself on the back, lady!

12:49 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

That's gorgeous! You're tempting me to try a felted bag. Oh, gee, another project to plan...whoopee!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home