Sunday, May 10, 2009

CLOSED! I Feel the Need for . . . another contest!

WINNER: Sara B., New Hampshire (chosen 5/13/09)

Words have been scarce lately, haven't they? I've been too busy sneezing and moaning my fate. Yes, knitters, The Flu - Round 2 came to visit and knocked both Goldisox and me flat on our butts. I swear I'll never get another flu shot again.

Want to know how I can tell I'm really under the weather? The knitting stops cold. I haven't touched my needles in two weeks and I'm starting to get all twitchy. Lots of reading though which was delightful. Me and my Kindle spent a lot of quality time together while I zoomed through a book a day. Pure bliss!

Anyway, you don't want to know all about my bizarre reading habits (Barack Obama, Mary Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, Robert Wagner, Cloris Leachman, William Styron, Larry McMurtry--should I go on or is your head spinning?) You're here for the knitting and I'm not going to disappoint you.

What would you say to winning a cone (yes, a cone!) of Elann Soie Bambou in a gorgeous celadon green?

Here are the stats:

Fibre Content: 65% Silk/ 35% Bamboo
Made In: France
Care: Hand Wash Gentle/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 23 st/4 inches 3.75mm (US 5)
Yardage: 624 m (680 yards)
Size: 227g (8 oz) cone

You know you want it. You know you already have plans for it. Just sent me an email here with CELADON in the subject header and I'll do the rest. The winner will be announced Wednesday evening right here.

And don't despair if your name isn't chosen. There's more Soie Bambou to come!

Good luck!

(The pattern for the pink shawl can be found FREE on the Elann site. Click here.)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Oooh - that's the Luna Moth shawl and it's on my TBK list!

Dang - now I might have to look into that yarn for myself!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you feel better soon! I'm not feeling bad that I forgot to get a flu shot...

Pretty yarn!

6:22 PM  
Blogger TeJo said...

Don't you just love your Kindle? especially for reading in bed......
and I Never get flu shots!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

That should be on my TBK list...

Oh, looks like we've been reading the same books - Obama and Robert Wagner...

10:36 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Oh so pretty!

4:13 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Sounds like you had a vacation along with your sickness. I know you are better now, but have a nice long recuperation.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home