Monday, May 04, 2009

The bidding has begun!

I wanted to let everyone know about a fun auction which benefits a worthy cause. Author Brenda Novak's 5th Annual On-line Auction for Diabetes Research is now live and runs through the month of May. You can bid on autographed books, jewelry, critiques by editors and agents, vacations, and a whole host of other fabulous donations from the publishing community and beyond. Last year the auction raised $252,300. Her goal for this year is $300,000. Here's the link to the auction's home page:


Romancing the Yarn contributed a gift bag of all the goodies below. If you'd like to bid on it, look under the category "Gift Baskets and Collections" or go to Item 1361520. There's already a hot bidding war going on because it's got such great stuff in it.


I also donated an autographed book with a pair of earrings I made myself. Look under "For Readers" for Item 1341683 if you're interested.
Just browsing through the listings is a lot of fun and anything you spend goes to a very worthy cause.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I already have 3 bids going.

camry60

8:37 PM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Hot dang! Other knitting authors? I'm in heaven.

I've bookmarked the basket for bidding.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home