Sunday, March 08, 2009

More Elann Baby Silk (and a little book talk)

You can't fool me. I know you're here for the yarn and that's okay. I mean, this is a knitting blog, right? And knitters love yarn. But before we get to our next contest, I hope you won't mind if I jump up and down with excitement over the cover for LACED WITH MAGIC, the sequel to CASTING SPELLS. I saw a preliminary version late last summer and while it was good it didn't thrill me. Penny the cat looked like she'd been working Jenny Craig and I missed those magical sparks that I'd loved on the first book.

Well, I can't say enough for Penguin's art department. They took my suggestions and worked their magic on the prelim art work and Friday afternoon my editor sent this my way:


I'll be posting an excerpt on my website some time this week. (Did I mention I love that cover??)

And then there's something even more delicious: six juicy skeins of Elann Baby Silk in Seashell Pink. (You know how much I love pink. All the pinks.) Same rules apply: send me an email here with PINK SILK in the header and cross your knitting fingers. I'll announce the winner Wednesday night.

Good luck!

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Love that cover. Can't wait to read the preview chapter.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Renna said...

That is a very appealing cover; and a great looking cover can make all the difference in whether or not someone picks up a book, be it fiction or non!

9:42 PM  
Blogger georg said...

that is a pretty cover! I can't wait to read it!

9:49 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

The cover is wonderful!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Janet Spaeth said...

That is an absolutely incredible cover! WOW!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh, oh, I love the new book cover!

11:11 PM  
Blogger ikisti said...

the cover looks great!

11:32 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Very cool cover!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cover, but can't wait for the book!

Camry60

7:48 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the cover, yeah a sequel!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger LizKnits said...

Love the cover... I'm looking forward to reading the book!

2:10 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Something weird happened and my comment was lost. Trying again, let me say how happy I am to hear of a sequel to the lovely CASTING SPELLS. A good cover makes a book really stand out to the reader on the shelf. The first book had a dreamlike quality to it, and I enjoyed that tremendously. It came at a time when I was returning to the joys of knitting, so it was just right for me.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that cove! Great colors, and very inviting!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Dusty Mills said...

I just finished Casting Spells and was hoping for a sequel! Cover looks great...I'm on pins and needles!!! :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

AWESOME cover! And this is from someone who admits to buying books based on their covers. Nicely done with this one!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Casting Spells so much I finished it in a weekend. I just couldn't put it down, not even to knit. I can't wait for the sequel!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

That is a great cover. Especially since I'm partial to blues and greens! (And black cats....)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Rachael Herron said...

I had the WORST nightmare about my cover last night. It was dreadful, the opposite of yours. Can't wait to read it!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Beautiful cover, Barbara!

Cindi

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that cover!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great cover, Barbara! Really like it a lot and I love the shades of blue and green in the yarn. Really looking forward to this release.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home