Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Voodoo Handwarmers - Bonne Marie Burns


This is one of those patterns I've wanted to knit for literally years but never quite got around to casting on. I'm a huge fan of Bonne Marie Burns (Chicknits) and found this pattern on Knitty not long after I started knitting again.

It's dead easy, elegant (all of Bonne Marie's patterns are elegant), and quickquickquick to knit up. Not that any of us is up against a ticking clock, you understand. I'm just sayin' . . .

This pair is leftover Noro Silk Garden from Wavy. Shade #8. US5 32" circ. The thumb hole is a six-stitch buttonhole. I added a picot bind-off to girly it up a little.

Highly recommended!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LisaB said...

Love these handwarmers. Gorgeous colors. I bought some fingerless (or at least without fingertips) mits recently because I frequently work near the open door and they really help. I found beautiful patterns on Knitty for them but I am scared of dpns!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Those look lovely and warm! I hope you get good use out of them!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home