Sunday, December 14, 2008

Now I'm dreaming of cables

It's official. I am knitting obsessed. In fact, I'm so obsessed with the craft that I actually dreamed about it again last night.

There I was in the laundry room sorting through the clean clothes (which is a joke since Goldisox does 99.9% of the laundry in this house) (and all the vacuuming) (and the supermarket shopping) (and yes I know I'm one extremely fortunate woman) and what do I spy but a gorgeous pair of cyclamen pink cable knee socks!

"My missing socks!" I cry in a voice filled with the kind of joy usually reserved for winning lottery tickets. "Now I can throw away those awful pink silk balloons I've been wearing."

They were great socks too. All sinuous and throbbing with color and soft to the touch and so perfect I had a hard time believing I'd actually knitted them myself. Too bad my dream self didn't pass along the pattern because I'd love a real life pair.

There's no moral to this blog, no punchline. It's just further proof that once knitting gets you, you stay got.

(Hey, I didn't promise great grammar, did I?)

3 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

I'm up 2 hours past my bed time- I am printing a knitting pattern and knitting the very last row on a handspun gift... Maybe I can sleep when it's done.

12:37 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

I dream about my knitting all the time--it's called nightmares! Seriously, if I'm so obsessed with a project that I can hardly put it down to get to bed, I might as well just stay up and keep at it. I'll just lay in bed and think about it anyway. Yes, yarn is my drug of choice.

10:18 AM  
Blogger kozmic said...

You aren't alone Barbara - I had a dream once about these delicate cream knit socks with a fine crochet lace inset running from cuff to toe. They were absolutely beautiful. I even spent days afterwards trying to nut out how you would construct them!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home