Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Golden Market Bag

Fun project; a market bag for my sister, who lives in the city and can walk to farmer's markets should she so choose. (It'd also work nicely to hold balls of yarn, I think.) I love the cheerful colors, and how the two-tone worked out. The body of the bag worked up gratifyingly fast, though all the single crochet on the strap at the end was a bit frustrating, when I just wanted to be done done done. But that may have been because I did it all in a day (love those holiday deadlines) -- about 3-4 hours of solid crocheting, I think.






4 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Neat! And green, since more stores have fewer plastic bags.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I'm in favor of fewer plastic bags in theory, but in practice, we do have a dog, so those plastic bags come in handy...

5:19 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Really cute! I have to find a pattern for this and make some. What kind of yarn did you use?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I linked to mine on Ravelry, which has the free pattern and all the details. I used Blue Sky Cotton in pumpkin and poppy. Glad you like it!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home