Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Take My Kid Silk Haze . . . please!


Look at it sitting there all innocent and wide-eyed like it hasn't been trying to push me right over the edge.

Don't you believe that sweet and helpless act for a second. That stuff is the devil's workshop. It was put on earth to make knitters crazy. Okay, not all knitters but some knitters. This knitter, at any rate.

I hate it. I really do. Yes, it's soft. Yes, it's beautiful. Yes, it knits up into gorgeous fabric. But I hate it. I despise it. I'd like to drive my car over it. I'd like to throw it into a mud puddle.

At the moment I'm trying to wrestle some Karabella Gossamer into submission (I'm thinking of whacking it with a pair of US15s) and the thought of ever knitting again with anything even remotely similar makes me sob uncontrollably.

So if you are less faint-hearted than I and possessed of more skill and dexterity, maybe you'd like two untouched pristine skeins of Kid Silk Haze in the color shown above. Otherwise I swear it's going into the fireplace!

I know that sounds harsh but it's either the yarn or me. And I have a book to finish writing.

Send me an email here with HAZE in the subject header and I'll announce the winner on Thursday evening.

But don't blame me if you end up talking to yourself . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Barbara, send the haze away and keep writing! We need to know what Chole is doing????

Camry60

9:48 AM  
Blogger georg said...

Hooray! Another book!

I sincerely hope the deadline is no where near Kissmoose.

9:52 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

You have a book to finish? No question, give it away. Can I ask a little about the book?

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara, you really need to work on expressing yourself more clearly. How in the world do you believe you can connect with others and have relationships if you don't express yourself?!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home