Saturday, October 11, 2008

OT: It's Hockey Night Tonight!

Actually, it will be Hockey Night almost every night from now until June-ish. Can we say "excited"? That's me!

Last night was the Devils' home opener, and we won, we won! We beat those nasty old Islanders 2-1. That's Zach Parise celebrating the first goal of the game and the season. I was there to see it too. Wahoo!

As for the lace scarf, well, it's collecting dust and probably will be for awhile. Between Brodie (see post below) and the Devils, I have a very full schedule.

So how about all you other hockey fans here at RTY? Let's hear from you about the beginning of the season. I know I'm psyched!

5 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

Oh I am so ready for hockey. My husband and I were fortunate to see the Detroit Red Wings and the Senators play 2 games in Stockholm Sweden last weekend when the NHL opened the season there. Both my sons played travel hockey thru high school, so we are hockey nuts. Jill S

6:29 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

OMG, Jill, you got to go to Stockholm!?!? Wow! That's amazingly cool.

I'm waiting for the NHL to play their winter outdoor game in New York City so I can go to that. Stockholm is way out of my league. :-)

11:17 PM  
Blogger RC said...

yeah hockey!!! Flyers are off to a rough start but the Penguins look pretty good. I have to line up my knit projects- the ones I don't have to look at so much so I can watch the games. Plus its the last season of the Phantoms, so hoping to get a few of those in too...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

RC, you read my mind! I need to start a Lady Eleanor shawl so I can knit while watching hockey. Lace is NOT the right project for hockey season. I'm just afraid that if I don't finish the lace scarf now, I'll forget the stitch pattern completely and it will be that much harder to finish when I finally get back to it.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I was a hockey fan way back in high school. We used to go to the Garden to see the Rangers but I kind of drifted away. TV is a poor substitute for actually being at a game. There's something about feeling the cold, the smell of the ice, that speed--hmm. Maybe I should take another look!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home