Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dog hairs in my knitting again

You all were so kind and sympathetic when my much-loved Max died. So I wanted to share some joy with you. Meet the newest member of our family: Brodie.



He's a 14-month-old from Golden Retriever Rescue, and I'm already completely ga-ga over him after two days. Isn't he handsome?

Of course, Brodie has issues. The poor fellow has been through four homes in his short life so he hasn't had much training (although he's pretty solid on "sit"). He's a bit of a juvenile delinquent when he's loose in the backyard. It looks like a colony of gophers has moved in, and he's attacked a couple of innocent bushes for no apparent reason. "Heel" is an alien concept to him but he's not a puller on the leash, thank goodness.



So we're off to obedience school starting this Friday. Actually, I have to attend the first class without Brodie. I guess they figure humans need training too.

The good news: I'll have dog hairs in my knitting again. Wahoo!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He's beautiful. And he'll learn to just dig gophers instead of gopher holes. Enjoy life with Brody.

9:43 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Brodie is adorable! Golden's learn quickly, but our 12.5 year old rescue can still act like a kindergartner on candy. School will do wonders...enjoy!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on dog hair in your knitting! The cat hair in my knitting and I send our best wishes.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brodie is wonderful. I'm so glad he found his way to your family. It is exactly where he needs to be. Congratulations on the addition to your family. Brodie is one lucky dog!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Brodie's quite handsome! I'm sure he's found a wonderful home to stay in. Enjoy each other's company!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love it when I hear that someone has rescued a new family addition. Brodie is beautiful and I wish you much happiness with him and the dog hairs in your knitting!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Brodie is adorable! I'm so happy for you both.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I knew you all would appreciate Brodie! Thanks for all your lovely comments. You really understand how happy I am to have my gorgeous new friend.

I came home after attending my book club today and was greeted at the back door by one very excited golden boy. I nearly cried. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to be loved with such abandon.

4:00 PM  
Blogger monica said...

He is gorgeous. He will learn some manners quickly, they are smart dogs.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Enbe said...

YAY! He's beautiful. I've been happily incorporating Golden hair into my knitting for years. Labby gurl hair, too :-)

My Golden, Keystone, is 10 - we've had him since he was 2. He is very soft and eager to please. My own doofus boy. (he answers to Goofy and Doofus and Handsome. I didn't say he was brilliant.)

Enjoy!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Aww, Nancy, Keystone sounds wonderful. I got a really silly, happy grin from reading your post because it reminded me of my old, much-missed Max.

Brodie has a lot of nicknames too: Devil Dog, Dirt Dog, Gorgeous, and Cutie Pie. Have you figured out that he's a bit schizophrenic? We refer to him as Brodie and Brodie's Evil Twin. But we love him no matter what we're calling him at the moment.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home