Friday, May 30, 2008

Things I Forgot To Tell You


I can't believe I forgot to tell you that the contest winner will be announced Sunday morning, June 1st.

Or that a new contest will begin Sunday afternoon!

And I also can't believe I forgot to tell you that the very plain, very simple Fiesta La Boheme "Famous" shawl that I knitted for my friend Kali at Christmas went on a little trip to Cleveland last month. Kali and I were both a little miffed that the shawl racked up more frequent flyer miles this year than we have.

Here's the back story: I hadn't been checking into Ravelry very often at all (not much point when you're not knitting and you're not typing) but something drew me in one day in early April and I found a message from a lovely woman named Jaime from KNITTING DAILY TV. She wanted to know if the Famous Shawl would like to make a guest appearance on their new PBS knitting show!

Yes, the shawl. Not the knitter! Not the recipient! We were insanely jealous but that didn't stop The Shawl from jumping on the nearest Fed Ex plane and jetting off to Ohio for a little bright lights, big city action.
If you scan these photos, you'll see the shawl draped over a table in the middle of a whole lot of other shawls.

PBS will begin running KNITTING DAILY TV sometime in July. I don't know when this episode will appear but Kali and I are both very happy for The Shawl. Who knows? Maybe The Shawl will become a star and we can say we knew her when.

I can see the headlines in PEOPLE Magazine now: Garter Stitch Shawl Makes Good.

I just hope Kali and I get 10% of the gross . . .




Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my little red and grey scarf sitting right next to your shawl on the Knitting Daily TV show (and looking kind of overwhelmed by all of your fringe!).

I think we should hire agents for them! Got to make the most of their 15 minutes of fame!

Lovely shawl, and I really do love all the fringe.

Annie Driscoll (anniedriscoll on Ravelry)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Lol, lucky shawl!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Wow! Who knew that shawls could be television stars? Congratulations to both the knitters of these lovely creations! I, at least, know where credit is due. :-)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon Rose said...

Awesome! I drove for Supernanny once but Wallace (our London Taxi) got all the credit and screentime. :)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home