Friday, May 23, 2008

Heeeeere's Janet!

Barbara's done a terrific job of introducing me, and I'm excited to be here, among people with exactly the same interests as me. I've been looking at the knitting projects you've shared, and I'm humbled beyond belief--and inspired to work beyond my usual scarves, hats, mittens, and bags.

There's no yarn store where I live, so I live for out-of-town shopping extravaganzas to yarn shops. And I do have a full-blown Malabrigo thing going, which creates a supply-demand problem. No supply, but I demand. So I travel. For yarn. Ah. I knew you'd understand.

I was checking the Malabrigo site last night and found the totally coolest thing ever. First some background: I go by the name Jaen on some writing sites, mainly because I'm a klutzoid typist and I tend to type my name as either Jaent or Jaen, so I just went with Jaen.

Then I saw a copy of my geneology and found out I have an ancestor named Jaen!

That's cool, but not nearly as cool as this: Malabrigo Yarn

I can't get the picture to paste in here, but if you scroll down to the "Variegated" section.... YES! YES! They named a yarn after me! YES!

Okay, maybe it's not named after me, but it could be. My living room is decorated in baskets filled with Malabrigo, some on needles, some just waiting.

I hope to meet many of you in San Francisco this year at RWA!

Thank you so much for letting me part of this group!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

You're here! Hooray! I loved your post (still smling at the supply/demand comment)and can't wait to see some of your mittens and bags and hats -- oh my!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

A thousand welcomes, Janet! I'm thrilled to have a fellow Malabrigo addict on the blog. I'm looking forward to seeing pix of your projects--it always inspires me to see what other folks can do with yarn.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Hi, Janet, and welcome. We've got a terrific group of writer/knitters, knitter/writers, knitter/readers and reader/knitters. Mmmh, I'll never type that sentence again.

Anyway, we're glad to have you here!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home