Thursday, May 22, 2008

Please welcome JANET SPAETH


Let's just say I know a good writing knitter/knitting writer when I meet one.
I am delighted that Janet Spaeth has agreed to join us here at Romancing the Yarn. She'll be along soon to introduce herself but let me give you a preview.

Janet is a three-time GH finalist who found success at Barbour. She's published three novels with Heartsong Presents (a division of Barbour) with three more in the pipeline, and seven novellas for Barbour Publishing. She's also written for Woman's World (me too, Janet) and a scholarly study of Laura Ingalls Wilder's writing. (I'm copying and pasting so I hope I have it right.)

Nancy, you'll appreciate this: Janet is also battling a serious Malabrigo addiction, an addiction that threatens her daughter! Oh no!!!

Here's is how Janet put it, "I love the feeling of the yarn in my hand, and watching it come together into something. I just taught my daughter to knit, and she's also got the Malabrigo sickness. Apparently it's wildly contagious."

Janet maintains a personal blog -- definitely worth a visit.

Welcome, Janet, and get ready to have some fun!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

Welcome!

I still haven't gotten a hold of any malabrigo yet, but I have a friend who scored on samples of their new sock yarn and promised I could grope it.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Ah yes, the terrible Malabrigo Malady. You can't keep your hands off of it. You must have it in just one more colorway. You plunge your hands into the Malabrigo bin at the LYS every time you walk in. It's a terrible, terrible addiction. Glad you have it too, Janet! :-)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Janet Spaeth said...

Thanks, Georg and Nancy! Yes, I confess, I do have a special fondness for Malabrigo. The colors are stunning, and the yarn feels incredible over my fingers. The last time I went yarn shopping I was met by a sign on the door: "Everything in the store on sale!"

Oh. My. Oh. My.

The words are almost melodic, aren't they? "Everything in the store on sale."

It's good to be here. Thanks to Barbara for inviting me! I'm right where I belong here, with other romance writers who are knitters, too!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home