Thursday, December 20, 2007

O Christmas tree!


We finished decorating our tree and I'm very proud of it so I thought I would share it with you in virtual reality. Ta-da!
This tree continues a long-standing family tradition in which we put the star on top of the tree, stand back to admire it, and my husband declares, "This is the best tree ever!"
If anyone else would like to share a photo of their holiday decorations, please email it to me at nancy@nancyherkness.com. I'll post any pix on the blog so we'll look nice and festive.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

I don't decorate for the holiday. The dogs and cats would eat them.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I agree with your husband, Nancy: that really is the best tree ever! Is there a story to go with the marching soldier gift bags? Extremely cool touch!

Georg, I hear you about pet-free decorating. The big tree has been retired in favor of three small, parrot-proof trees!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, Barbara! The bags were party gifts for the kids when my entire set of in-laws came for dinner. Fortunately that's over and went well, thank goodness. My daughter arranged the bags so I can't take credit for the idea but it did look rather spiffy, didn't it?

We gave up those tinsel icicles for pet reasons (and to save the vacuum cleaner) but haven't had problems with the rest of the decorations. Although one year Max ate two white chocolate golf balls someone had wrapped up for my husband for Christmas. Not knowing what was in the package, we put them under the tree. Unfortunately, Max's nose was better than ours. He was one miserable doggie for about 24 hours.

7:01 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Beautiful tree, and I do love that neat circle of gift bags. Kudos to your daughter for that idea!

As for pet-safe decorating . . . ha! My family actually chooses ornaments based on how much fun it'll be watching the cats trying to reach *that* one.

7:34 PM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Beautiful!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home