Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holy Snowflakes, Batman!

<== FO!

I finished the Snowflake Socks about two hours ago after a marathon 8-hour knitting frenzy today. My right hand looks like a claw. My shoulders hurt. My back aches. My eyes are blurry. But I am triumphant!

Does "triumphant" sound a little over the top to you? Maybe it does. But believe me when you accomplish something you never thought you could, completion feels like it should be celebrated with a marching band and a parade! How about a knitter's float for next year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? A whole band of knitters and their WIPs waving Lantern Moons and Addi Turbos at the cheering throng lining Broadway to greet them.


And is it me or do you find the inside of the socks even more interesting than the outside? I just might wear them inside out.

<== private side

Details: Snowflake Socks
Interweave Knits - Fall 2007
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
1 skein denim
1 skein cream

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! I always have to show FOs to every person in the house - regardless of their interest! Your socks are stunning! Great job!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They're beautiful!
I have the pattern set aside to try one day. I will get brave....one day ! :)

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Barbara your snowflake socks are so, so beautiful. I commend you on a fine job.

7:54 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

OMG--These are SOOOOO wonderful Barbara!! Looks like a difficult project! I'm so envious because I LOVE knitting socks, do it all the time, but haven't tried a Fair Isle project like this one. You've inspired me to give it a go first thing in the new year! (Must finish Christmas gifts first!)

Kim

9:55 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'd say it's definitely worth celebrating - that is one wonderful sock!

9:57 AM  
Blogger monica said...

They look fantastic inside and out.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gorgeous socks! Congratulations on finishing.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Wow, wow, wow, Barbara. Those are some beautiful socks. Pat yourself on the back!

I've been knitting scarves - had to set my sweater aside and sort of ease back into knitting.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Wow, spectacular socks, Barbara! And so seasonally appropriate.

8:27 PM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Lovely! I love the opposite side of them too. You did a great job.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Gorgeous!! I'm swooning, they're so beautiful. Don't you just want to frame them or something? Well done.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

These are gorgeous! I am so impressed.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home