Friday, December 28, 2007

Knitting Resolutions

I'm looking forward to 2008 as a year filled with knitting and writing, two of my favorite things. Though I'm not much on resolutions in general (many years I don't bother to make them at all) I do have a few knitting-related goals for the coming year. To whit:

1. This year, I'm going to learn entrelac. I have some nice variegated yarn and a scarf pattern I'm going to use as my first project.

2. I also want to try my hand at Fair Isle knitting -- Barbara's snowflake socks inspired me!

3. I'm going to complete some of the many projects I have yarn for -- sweaters and socks I'm eager to wear.

4. I'm going to do some summer knitting -- a sleeveless shell perhaps.

5. I'm going to knit some striped socks in order to use up the bits of sock yarn I've been collecting. The wilder the better for these.

So there you have my knitting resolutions. Would any of you like to share your own New Year's resolutions -- knitting or otherwise?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is to knit a sweater for myself. I have enough yarn for a couple of them, actually, and I just need to sit down and do it.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Hooray for entrelac! Cindi, you're going to love it. It's my favorite stitch.

My New Year's resolution is to felt my Rather Huge Noni Bag at last.

Other than that, it's the same as ever: lose 10 lbs. Sigh.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Good goals, Cindi.

Mine are to finish the various projects that have piled up this year and to learn to crochet something besides, oh, a 7-mile chain.

Happy New Year, everyone!

10:03 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I want to keep the yarn stash small. I will not buy yarn unless it's for a project I am going to start as soon as I get the yarn. This includes not buying yarn for socks "to do some time soon." My fabric stash has reached unreasonable proportions, and I don't want my yarn to do the same thing. We've managed to retrench financially, and I want to continue this, and that includes not buying too much yarn.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Nancy, I may call on you if I get stuck with the entrelac.

This morning my pastor handed me the first half of a fleece she's spinning into yarn, so I have a new goal of knitting a sweater for her. (She thinks I'm taking the yarn to knit for myself.) I'm thinking a top-down sweater with cables down the front.

Good luck with the stash management, georg. It's something I struggle with as well. I actually went through my quilting fabric last week and weeded out a grocery sack full of stuff to give away. I had to do this to make room to store my yarn!

1:34 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Great goals, Cindi! I'm working on my stash again this year, paring it down, but without a to-do list. Guilt-free 2008, no pressure, just enjoy the process.

9:22 PM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

I am not a resolution type of a gal. Good luck on yours.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home