Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Opposite of Chaos


Did I tell you the top-down raglan cardigan for Goldisox is finished? I bound off the last stitch on 9/8/2007 -- which just happened to be our 39th anniversary! Half of the fun was the look of delight on his face as it came to life over the last five weeks. Now we're on the great button hunt which is turning out to be tougher than I thought it would be. The Ragg Shop closed its doors. Our Michael's in Bridgewater had some plastic bunny rabbit buttons and lots and lots of beads. (An unsettling observation: Wal-Mart [which was my Red Heart Baby Clouds emergency port in a storm] cut their needlework section down to one half of one row of shelves. Mostly Bernat, mostly old and dusty. Four knitting needles. Very distressing. And Michael's cut back the knitting/crocheting area by 75%.)


Anyway, I've been playing with the afghan squares (two currently underway), the red scarf (now 80% complete, about 4 feet of red red RED!), my scraps of Outback Mohair shawl (I'll stop when I run out), and the Snowflake Socks from the current Interweave Knits.

I can't express how much fun the Snowflake Socks are to knit. Definitely the opposite of the hellbent for leather approach I bring to my crazy quilt afghan square. This is precise and charted and despite the fact that it calls on aspects of my personality that I have in very short supply (organizational abilities, precision, the willingness to follow rules) it's going well.

I finished the leg, worked the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up gusset stitches, worked the necessary decreases, and am now working the pattern on the instep and maintaining the striping on the sole. Another 45 rows or so and it's time to knit the toes.

Highly recommended!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Barbara your socks are coming out super. Nice job! After the completion of button shopping, I hope we see a picture of the raglan.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Happy Anniversary, Barbara!
And the snowflake sock is looking gorgeous.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Gorgeous in every way! Color, pattern and execution! Love 'em, Barbara!

I'm with Carol: I'd love to see the sweater.

Congratulations on many happy years of marriage!

7:44 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Kudos to you! Add me to the list of folks who want to see the sweater. The sock looks terrific too!

Kim

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

And where did you find that pattern? I've seen it somewhere....

9:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The sock looks great! I fear that it would be way too warm for my California weather, though, even in the winter. Ah well.

Happy anniversary!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

Beautiful! You make me want to start yet another project but I'm going to be strong. Probably.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home