Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Yarnapalooza Winner #24


Congratulations to Margaret Stevenson of Wyoming: you're our Yarnapalooza Winner #24!


What a great day: knitting and writing, writing and knitting. Knitting while I thought about writing. Writing while I thought about knitting. Not to mention writing about knitting which makes the whole thing even better.


I transferred all of my crochet hooks and circs to my mother's old picnic basket and I'm loving it. (Pictures tomorrow, I promise.) Right now it's just a big jumble of stuff but sooner or later I'll figure out a way to organize things but I'm very happy with the set up. My old drawing/painting stuff will find a home in my mother's old wooden oil paint box which I have down in the basement. I love finding new ways to use old and familiar items--it's much more fun than going out and buying something without a history.


I'm still trying to figure out what that nest of Maine rocks was doing in the bottom of the picnic basket amid the art supplies. I also found a ticket stub from Rob Roy (way back in 1998 I think it read) and a ticket stub from a visit Goldisox and I made to the Liberty Science Center this very week in 1997. Oh yeah, and beautiful bookmarks from Papyrus at the Mall and tiny Guatemalan "worry" dolls that I bought because . . . well, I guess I had a lot to worry about that year.


My house is a veritable archaeological dig of memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home