Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stash Bash



So there I was, wandering through Macy*s the other day, admiring all the lovely knitted hats and scarves and gloves. And feeling a tad smug because I've made a bunch of those already, and for, oh, a half to a third of the store price. I've made so many, in fact, that I froze my neck, shoulders, arms and hands in some fairly unnatural positions!

Anyway, I'm unfrozen now and taking a few days off from knitting. But I thought I'd show you just a little of what I've made. Multiply it by four for the rolled-brim hats (all in different colors, of course), ten for the scarves, and eight for the slipper socks and that should give you an idea of what a knitting maniac I've been of late. And that doesn't count the third purse - this one in Noro pink - that I'm about ready to felt. Or, rather, that I've set aside for a day or two.

Which makes me wonder: Are you knitting up a storm for your loved ones this season?

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yes! Completed items: 2 helmet liners (balaclavas/ski masks), 1 hooded scarf, 3 pr. felt clogs, 1 lacy silk scarf. On the needles: 1 pr. of clogs-to-be-felted, 1 Leda's dream stole. Still not started: 1 Faina's scarf, 1 fisherman's scarf, 1 more pair of felt clogs. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

8:30 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

yep! Socks, hats, scarves, fingerless mitts, afghan, slippers.....the list keeps growing and the days are waning even as I knit on!

Kim

8:41 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Most definitely. hopefully I will finish 2 sweaters, 2 pair of felted clogs, leg warmers, 3 more pair of gloves/mittens and a few pair of socks.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

What a gorgeous collection of colors!

Alas, I'm just plodding along on my husband's scarf, nothing else. Not that I don't love it but it is going to be about 7 feet long so I'll be working on it for quite awhile.

3:19 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I'm embroidering this season. Everyone is getting personal T-shirts. It's fun trying to come up with stuff they'll be as amused as I am by, and trying not to offend. My parents won't want ASK ME ABOUT MY GRANDPUPPIES and my sister doesn't want BECAUSE I'M PRETTY. But oh, how I'd love to make them shirts that say it anyway. My niece is getting THIS SPACE FOR RENT because she's a recent college grad in need of a job. I'll probably make her a second that says WHAT COLOR ARE MY EYES?

3:43 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

I'm just plodding along on the shawl that shall never end. This year's gift rush is at the sewing machine.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Sounds like everybody's super busy! Georg, I love embroidery. My grandmother, may she rest in peace, taught me. I was never as good as she was, though. Right this moment, I have one of her dresser scarves on a cherrywood chest that sits in my entryway. Said chest was built by my grandmother's father ... my great-grandfather. I have several of these scarves and I treat them as if they're priceless because, to me, they are.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I have plans to knit plenty, but as of yet I finished one out of a pair of Fetching, and 2 felted bags. Maybe after graduation I will have time to do something

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home