Tuesday, December 05, 2006

GET FELTED: Monica's Felted Stocking


Felted Stocking
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

I let out a shriek when I saw this. I'm a big fan of SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS and the mini Christmas sock remains my sock-knitting ideal. Great to see it in a giant felted size!

Monica says, "This is part of a gift for a secret pal exchange. I used the charts from the miniature sock from the Socks, Socks, Socks book and adapted it to a huge felted stocking . It is still wet in the picture and will need to be shaved when dry."

Please visit Monica at http://worksforyarn.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

Blogger LauraP said...

That is the most awesome Christmas stocking! Why didn't I think of this?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Gorgeous! But I'm afraid that it still looks like a sock to me so I won't be knitting it. My sock-kntting phobia is kicking in here.

11:54 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Amazing!! Terrific and gorgeous work!!

Kim

12:52 PM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

That looks so beautiful! I'm smitten.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home