Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Drum Roll, Please: Red Spirals Are Finished


Drum Roll, Please: Red Spirals Are Finished
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

It was either those damn socks or me.

I'm happy(relieved)(grateful)(amazed) to tell you that I closed the toe on the second (and last) Red Spiral an hour ago. There they are, sprawled across an old rocking chair, awaiting a reviving run through the washing machine. They look like the Wicked Witch's feet poking out from under Dorothy's house. Except they're red.

Those socks nearly broke my knitting spirit.

I'm not sure if this means I'm tenacious (possible), stubborn (definitely), or just plain crazy (absolutely) but I'm thinking maybe I'll try another pair in a nice Socks That Rock colorway . . .

Then again maybe not.

3 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

Bravo! A standing ovation for you!!
Can you hear me clapping??!!

Kim

3:49 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Yay, Barbara!!! Frankly, I think they're kind of pretty.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I LOVE those socks! I'm so glad that you stuck with them.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home