Monday, October 16, 2006

For BB...some fun to brighten your day!


Check this out, gang--how cool is this?!!? I donated a couple of items, including the naming of a character, to a fundraising auction for a local theater group, and the winner's wife (of the character-naming) is an artist who made their house into a piece of art a couple of winters ago. BB, I thought this might be just the thing for a color lover (and under-the-weather friend)...does this make you smile? I LOVE it!!!

I started a pair of your spiral socks (I know, I know...I didn't clean my plate, Mom--er, finish the others yet, but...) I'm loving how this yarn is working up! It's from Artyarns, handpainted Supermerino 106, and I'm doing it on #2 Addis, magic loop style. Unfortunately, the colors don't come across well enough on my phone's camera--it's turning out to be a gorgeous (to me, at least) blend of purple, lime, royal blue and gold.

Rest, BB, and don't worry about us! (But we do miss you!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Jean, those are going to be gorgeous. Almost as gorgeous as that house and yard. Is that in Texas?

7:22 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Sweet yarn! I don't blame you for wanting to get your hands on it....looks like you'll have fabulous results!

Kim

7:32 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Pretty, pretty, and I'll bet that yarn is quite soft, too.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

That yarn is beautiful! I'd be starting something with it, too. Can't wait to see the finished socks.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Jean, the picture certainly makes the sock yarn look gorgeous. I can't imagine how much more stunning it is in person.

Love the polka-dotted yard! What fun!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home