Friday, August 18, 2006

It's all about me



Sorry to break the chain of gorgeous Liam Neeson photos. (I wouldn’t kick him out of bed but I prefer Pierce Brosnan if we’re going across the Pond for our hunks.) However, a very observant visitor to our new blog asked two excellent questions:

1) Who the heck are all of you?
2) What are you doing on this blog together?

I’ll get to the who-the-heck part in a minute. This blog is the brainchild (perhaps slightly fevered brainchild) of Barbara Bretton, a fabulous writer and magnificent knitter. She brought us together because she knows we are all passionate about both of those occupations. I met Barbara at a writer’s conference several years ago when I was still extremely wet-behind-the-ears as an author. She’s an incredibly generous, warm person and she took me under her experienced wing (must be because she hangs out with parrots a lot) and has been the best of mentors and friends in this crazy writing business ever since. When she started this blog, I jumped at the chance to join such a great group of folks.

Now who the heck I am. I grew up in West Virginia but now live in the suburbs of New Jersey, very near New York City. While it might seem like a startling change, my current hometown is quite small and neighborly. However, whenever I need a ballet or Broadway fix, I can jump on the train and get a quick one.

I write romance novels, two of which have been published, so I’m still very new to the writing business (and feel awed by the multi-published company I’m in here). I’ve been writing all my life and even did a creative thesis (a volume of poetry!) for my college degree.

My other career is Household Management: I have a husband and two teen-aged children, as well as a golden retriever named Max. He contributes dog hairs to all my knitting; it makes the yarn go a little farther on every project.

As for my knitting biography, it’s already on this blog. Check out the archives for 2006-07-09 and you’ll find me under “The sporadic knitter”.

I’m looking forward to being part of a lively community of knitters and readers. Comments and questions are very welcome!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

Okay.. one more question.. the "subtitle" of the blog refers to 10 authors, but there are only 9 listed in the sidebar. What happened to #10?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks for the welcome, Kelly!

Teej, you're right--I never noticed that. When you look at links, we have 10 people listed but contributors come in at 9. What happened to Gloria Alvarez? Do any of my fellow bloggers know?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Where in WV are you from? I'm originally from Wheeling!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Gloria Alvarez still hasn't responded to the initial invitation that would give her administrative rights on this blog. I know she had other commitments and wouldn't have easy computer access in late July. Maybe that's still the case?

7:11 PM  
Blogger southern gal said...

hmm. interesting blog
but cant find the archives?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Hey, fellow hillbilly Bridget! I was born in Charleston but I grew up in Lewisburg. Nice to have y'all here.

Sogalitno, if you scroll down to the heading below "Previous Posts" you'll find the "Archives" by week beginning date on the right side of the blog.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home