Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Wendy Effect

The blog is down. This is a republishing test.

See that? I typed it around 4-ish today when the blog inexplicably went down. What gives? I asked myself and everyone within earshot. It wasn't Blogger. Everyone else's blog was in perfect working order.

Uh oh. I am (in)famous for trashing every electronic item and/or piece of software that crosses my path. Had my crazed electrons finally discovered our blog and gone on a search and destroy mission?

I ranted. I raved. I even tried logic. Nothing worked. And then I checked email and

WOW!

We've been found! Suddenly scores of contest entries were pouring in. Our visitor count for the day quintupled. (No, I'm not exaggerating and it's only 7 p.m.) Did we win the Lottery? How did this happen? Was it the Liam Neeson picture?

No! It was (drum roll, please) The Wendy Effect. It happened the time Wendy raved about Lisa Souza's Mahogany colourway. I'll bet it happened with the Lucy Socks That Rock colourway. (I should know. I bought both yarns myself.) And now Wendy has waved her Magic Double Points in our direction.

Wendy, I loved you before. You are my Knitting Goddess. But now I'm gonna have to figure out what to substitute for a firstborn.

Maybe Walter (our 32 year old Double Yellow Head) can pass on his thanks to you and to Lucy for me:






I may not have a colourway named after me, but when it comes to breaking bamboo needles and poking holes in her knitting, nobody does it better!
--Walter

Thanks, Wendy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Yay, Wendy! You're the best!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I think hotels should provide a copy of Wendy Knits on every nightstand for homesick knitters on the road.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home