Friday, August 18, 2006

CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! Updated


Go ahead. Take your time. Enjoy Liam. I'll knit another couple of rounds on the #*@(! second pair of black (pure black dull black suck-the-joy-out-of-the-process black) Fixation Bulky socks destined for my husband's (too big) feet.

Liam and I were discussing The Contest last night (hey, I write romance novels for a living; my delusions are tax-deductible)--

Okay. I'll start again. Liam Neeson is off with his gorgeous wife Natasha Richardson and their beautiful children. He may be our Contest Muse but the last I heard he isn't contributing any prizes to the contest. (A Night With Liam! Would that bring in the readers or what?) The truth is we have so many entrants in our contest now that I can't bear the thought that there will be only one winner.

So here's the new deal:

Grand Prize Winner: a goodie package sent directly from each of the authors on this brand new blog. The prizes will include (but aren't limited to) autographed copies of the authors' books; a gorgeous new copy of Wendy Knits; Noro Kureyon; Addi Turbos; knitting tchotchkes; all sorts of goodies.

Five Other Lucky Winners will receive super-duper sock yarn and a surprise. The yarn will be lovely and fun to play with and probably self-patterning or self-striping or self-generating. (Wouldn't self-generating sock yarn be fabulous? As soon as you neared the end of the skein it miraculous regenerated itself into a big fat 100 gram ball of gorgeousness.) And probably something to read, too.

How to enter: see that blue box over there on the right hand side of the screen marked CONTEST? Click on it and follow directions. Really, all you have to do is send an email to the address given and you're in. We'll do the rest.

We're so happy you've found us and if it takes half-naked pictures of gorgeous Irishmen to keep you coming back for more, then who am I to argue? It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

Barbara

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly in CT said...

Hate to tell y'all the contest is merely icing on the cake for the beefsteak shots of Liam that y'all post. My, my what an inspiration!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I'm part of the "Wendy effect". Love the blog, but I have a problem with regenerating sock yarn. Could you make it regenerating in different colors and stuff, huh?

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home