Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Especially for Jean



Jean, here are photos of the Mason-Dixon felted boxes. I think they're very cool looking. In the interest of full disclosure, these are my own photos of the Mason-Dixon photos (which are by Steve Gross and Sue Daley). Am I violating any copyright laws here? One photo is the individual box. The other shows a nested set in bright colors.

You knit the box flat and then fold and join the corners with single crochet. It looks like even I could do it and I know nothing about crocheting. You can use a couple of different colors in each box to really jazz things up. If you're doing a nested set, it's recommended that you felt them all at the same time to make sure they actually fit inside each other.

According to the Mason-Dixon folks, knitting these boxes is downright addictive. And you can use them to hold your knitting supplies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home