Friday, August 18, 2006

Writing, Knitting and World Peace


First the writing: I've written ten novels (okay, so I'm slow) and a couple hundred articles (but not that slow). I also own Delphi Books, a small press that mainly publishes large print books. Currently I'm writing two novels: one set in the 1930s (thanks again, Mom, for leaving those wonderfully detailed diaries from the '30s and '40s) and one set in contemporary Texas. Wish me luck on both, please.

Now for the knitting. I'm self-taught, have knitted galores of scarves, sweaters, hats, mittens, afghans and baby blankets for friends and family. Recently I've been knitting and felting purses and I just LOVE doing it. I haven't decided what my next project will be because I've been busy writing, but I've got three balls of black-and-white Squiggle from Crystal Palace that's calling to me. If anyone has any experience with the Squiggle or suggestions on what I should make of it, let's have it.

Finally ... when I looked at this picture that my husband took of our "lioness" (remember Squeaky, the feral cat?) laying down with our "lambs" (Emily the blind Shi-Tzu and Mac the sniffy Scottie), I decided it was a perfect metaphor for how peaceful the world would be if humans would only take their cue from these animals.

Fran Baker

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is wonderful, but you guys are so prolific I'm having trouble leaving comments everywhere, so I'll just dibble and dabble them all over the place.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is wonderful, but you guys are so prolific I'm having trouble leaving comments everywhere, so I'll just dibble and dabble them all over the place.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

We're so glad you like our blog. "Dibble and dabble" all you want! We're just happy to have you here!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

What Nancy said.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home