Saturday, February 05, 2011

Kitty Knitting

funny pictures - Hmm...maybe I should've knit one instead of purled two.

Just add a couple hundred Christmas lights, and you’ll have the Griswalds’ Christmas vacation! Hah.

So, on the needles. Or to be more precise, on the hook. I’m almost done with the crocheted project “Zaubertote” from the book “Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders.” Only problem is, one skein of the Zauberball wasn’t enough despite the book title, and it costs $19.99 per ball, so now instead of a basic $20 tote, I’ll have a $40 tote! I’d better get lots of use out of it. Winking smile

At least I’m having fun crocheting for a break from knitting. And the yarn color changes are awesome, shades of purple, pink and orange.

Once the tote is done, I’ll return to the shawl I’m knitting, the Water Turtles Shawl from the book “Wrapped in Comfort.” It’s going slowly as each row is so long, and it’s hard to see the pattern yet as it’s only 6 or 8 inches long. It’ll be a challenge to block, I suspect.

What’s on your needles…or hook?

5 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

A scarf of my own design, some contract knitting, and a doggie sweater for the bff. Oh, and not one but TWO sweaters. I'm soooo not knitting-monogamous!

That cat photo cracked me up!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been looking at the tote, good to know it doesn't use just one ball!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

oooh will have to look for the waterturtles shawl!

hey, just finished reading your latest and loved it!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

Wrapped in Comfort is one of my favorite books, and Alison has become one of my favorite bloggers, and friends.
I am knitting a Hug Monster, two pairs of socks, a sample hat for a new pattern, and have other stuff waiting in the wings. I also have an overwhelming desire to start a crocheted granny square blanket.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Boy, I'm behind with comments!

LOL, JelliDonut! I'm not knitting-monogamous either. I must have at least ten things in various stages of work.

Janel, yeah, I can't see how it could be one ball unless you crochet REALLY tight. But I like the tote anyway, and have used the leftover yarn to make fingerless mitts for my granddaughter, and a dress for her Barbie.

Thanks, Turtle, for reading one of my books! That's awesome.

Diana...Alison sure is a wonderful person, isn't she? Not making any progress on the shawl, though. Having trouble with the skinny yarn, big needles, and hand tremor.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home