Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Knit your own furniture

Every year I read an article declaring that knitting is the new "in" thing in fashion, something all us Yarnies have known forever. However, this is the first year I've been informed that it's the latest trend in furniture. Evidently high-end furniture designers have discovered that knitting is cool for household goods too. (We've been knitting bowls and boxes and washcloths for years, of course!)



This link to a Wall Street Journal article has some fun whimsical objects, including the chair above, knitted lampshades, poufs and a vase. Check it out (and boggle at the prices)!
Which one would you like to have in your home?


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Fran Baker said...

I liked the poufy ottomans. And oddly, I saw a photo - in the Lion Brand catalog, perhaps? - of a cover someone had knit and put on a water tower! Who knew knitters were ... well, you supply the word.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

A water tower!?!? Was it an artistic statement or were they trying to keep the water warm?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Interesting! I like the Ray Lamp...but knowing me, I'd add beaded fringe to it. ;-)

Liz

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home