Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogging with Windows Live Writer

I’m trying out Windows Live Writer to blog. Since I have several blogs, I figured I’d check to see if this was easier.

First, you have to set up all the blogs you want to use by providing the website URL, user name and password. Then you can create a blog post and just click “Publish” and it does the rest. The blog you wrote stays on the screen until you close it, so if you want to post it more than one spot, there’s no cutting and pasting or rewriting involved.

Adding photos is easy, too. Here’s one of some semi-recent knitting:

IMAG0317

I adjusted the photo using Windows Live Photo Gallery, just using the auto-correct feature, and it did make the colors stand out more.

I’m sure there are features I haven’t found yet. Anyone have any tips? I do like the ease of posting to more than one blog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous LauraP said...

I wish I had tips for you, but I stopped using LiveWriter out of laziness after a computer upgrade and blog template upgrade -- just never got around to adjusting the settings to work with all the changes. Silly huh?

Now that the growing season has ended, I should revisit that and join you in this LiveWriter exploration.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

It seems it might be worth it if you write to multiple blogs on a regular basis. I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes. Good luck on your exploration!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Laronski said...

There's a new version of Windows Live Writer; it's 2011.

If not already, download the latest version...
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-writer?os=other

See also [XP not supported]:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-2011-system-requirements

if you've issues; visit the forum..

Here's the URL:
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=9

I hope this helps...

Until next time,
Larry Henry Jr.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Thanks, Larry!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home