Thursday, January 06, 2011

Prize: too much yarn for my baby blanket!

My niece had a bouncing baby girl so now I can share pix of the baby blanket I knitted for her. She lives in Florida so I wanted a cotton yarn in sunny colors. I found this gorgeous Cascade Sierra Quatro in Color #80, a combination of buttery yellow, mint green, and rose. It's 80% Pima Cotton and 20% wool and washable. Perfect for a Sun Belt Baby!

I found this fast-knitting pattern for free here: http://www.theyarncottagefairhope.com/patterns/4ballblanket.pdf . I'm a sucker for a basketweave.

Here's the closeup of both sides, which are different from each other, but equally attractive, IMO:



Here's the whole blanket. I expanded the dimensions slightly so it would be useful a bit longer.



And here's your prize because I overbought yarn for the project: two skeins of the Cascade Sierra Quatro, color #80!



Go to my website http://www.nancyherkness.com/ and enter my contest there. Just include the word "yarn" in the comments, and I'll know to enter you in the drawing for this fiber. As a bonus, you'll be entered in my regular website contest for the silver heart pendant.

Good luck and Happy 2011!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

The blanket looks lovely! I'm sure your niece will love it!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, Nicole! She seemed pretty happy with it, but she's also quite sleep-deprived at the moment. LOL!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home