Friday, August 13, 2010

Mohair, anyone?

How about some 12-ply mohair from New Zealand handpainted by Jan Gilray? 100 grams, 200 meters of luscious yarnage to enjoy.



Type NZ MOHAIR in the subject header and zap it off to me here or here at barbarabretton AT gmail DOT com and Saturday night I'll announce the winner.

I finished Thermis the other night but I'm not too thrilled with my choice of needle size or yarn. The truth? The thing is humongous. It's blocking right now (the photo was taken in the laundry room) and maybe the addition of buttons will help but I've always said I loved drapey cowls and now it looks like I may have to eat my words.



BTW, that's trick photography. Sixty percent of the blasted thing is folded underneath...lurking. An easy, fun knit and one I would do over again in a heartbeat. I used Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed Aran and US7 needles. I should have used US5 or US6. Live and learn.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Fran said...

Gorgeous yarn, Barbara. And I love the cowl - am thinking of doing a couple for Christmas presents.

BTW, I really enjoyed your teasers on the new book. Looking forward to reading the whole thing!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That mohair is gorgeous!

So, are we going to get an "action" shot of the new cowl? :)Have you seen some of the gigantic ones on Etsy? Big is in!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home