Monday, October 26, 2009

A perfect gift for scarf mavens

In my new Knit 'N Style Magazine, I found this marvelous gadget: the Scarf Fold-up, from Nancy's Knit Knacks. (How appropriate that another Nancy sells this!)



As your scarf gets longer, you fold and wrap it round the tool. The scarf stays neat and compact: no twisting and tangling. In addition, the Scarf Fold-up has a pair of 8" rulers, a 4" X 4" stitch and row gauge, and a US-Metric needle conversion chart. It holds knitting needles too. All for a mere $11.99. Evidently, a customer suggested this idea and Nancy's 88-year-old mother refined the concept.


Here's the link for any scarf mavens or friends of scarf mavens: http://www.nancysknitknacks.com/Scarf%20Fold-up.htm

You know how I love to knit scarves. This baby is going right on my Christmas wish list!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

hmmm, that would come in handy.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous katrina said...

I love nancys knitknacks! She always has the best concepts!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. I love this idea. Especially since I always knit for the Red scarf project.

Thanks,
Ellen

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Fran Baker said...

I've been knitting scarves and shawls like crazy when I'm sitting in front of the tube at night, so would definitely like this to keep them from stretching or getting dirty as they get longer.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

My scarves always collect massive amounts of golden retriever fur which I then have to pick out before I give them as gifts. I don't mind a few woven in but it gets ridiculous. So I'm thinking this scarf tool will be great for preventing that problem.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home