Thursday, January 01, 2009

Knitting Resolution


It's that time of year when we all swear we'll lose ten pounds, finish putting the last decade's photos in the album, and cut 100 pages from our current manuscript. Okay, so maybe those are just MY resolutions for 2009. However, I've made a knitting resolution too:
Resolved: that I will knit the Vintage Velvet Scarf because that way I will learn to knit a cable. That's what's been stopping me from trying the scarf (my favorite project) Barbara always raves about and that looks so gorgeous in her photos. I have the pattern, I have the yarn, and I've just been a big chicken about the cable since I've never done one before.
So what knitting (or other) resolutions have you all made for 2009?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More mittens!

8:54 AM  
Blogger georg said...

I want to finish my two monster knitting projects that I started last year- the Topiary Scarf and the Eleanor of Toledo stocking.

Then I will consider a sweater. (I've never done one)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working on my forst sweater, soon to be followed by a commitment to knit a pair of socks a month.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Flo Moyer said...

You are going to love knitted cables in your work--they are really beautiful. And every time I've finished anything with cables in it, I felt so smart. (grin)

For 2009, the sweater and also two baby sweaters for charity that are still unfinished that I kind of dropped when I sold again.
Flo

10:04 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Georg, you reminded me that I should probably add "finish the white lace scarf" to my knitting resolutions. It's just that I'm having so much fun doing other things now. Sigh.

Mittens, socks, sweaters! Lots of warmth for 2009! Isn't it odd that none of us makes skirts except Mary Anne?

12:20 PM  
Blogger Beadknitter said...

First: please don't be afraid of knitting cables. They are going to be surprisingly easy.

Second: I have resolved to knit more challenging things than socks, hats, scarves, and toys. It's time for me to go back to knitting at my skill level. Sweaters, cables, lace, intarsia, fairisle......

1:20 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Knitting from stash!
Not completely, but mostly...
(((hugs)))

1:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

All holiday projects must be done by a week before Christmas. We'll see if I manage it. :-)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

Oh, other than that, just try to learn something new with each project. I have so much to learn!!! And adding a new element helps keep me engaged in the work...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I want to finish the cardigan I started for my pastor -- all I have done is about half the back!

And I want to knit up my stash of sock yarn!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

No resolutions, but I do have a few knitting goals. I want to get the list of WIPs that I started 2009 with much slimmed down.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home