Monday, December 29, 2008

Rock Star Skirt

Ah, the Christmas knitting. Or rather, Christmas crochet, as I didn't feel confident enough in my knitting to attempt any on deadline. Here's two gifts that made it all the way to Australia:


I call this Karina's Rock Star Skirt, because it's made with (South West Trading Company Vickie Howell) Rock yarn, and is also in a rather electric color. But I think it'll look great with her hair and eyes. Several errors in the process, but I think they're mostly not likely to be noticed. The pattern was hard for me, mostly because it was my first time reading a chart, and I'm not at all certain I did it right -- next time, I think I want an experienced person next to me to confirm my interpretations of what the chart means. But still, happy with the result.

It has way too many holes to wear on its own, and I thought of lining it, but it seemed more fun to let it be -- she can throw on a black skirt under it, or blue jeans, or whatever. Jarmila and I model it for you:




The skirt took a long time. I won't be knocking out a lot of those, I promise you. I had just enough time to make a matching slightly hippie-ish headband (took half an hour) before sending everything off. I can't seem to find the pattern again, but it's dead easy -- just go back and forth three times along a row, with chain stitches along the middles, and single crochet at the ends, to length desired.



5 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

The headband looks like something my daughter would love! Can you share where the pattern comes from? I just might have to try a little crochet!

Kim in IA

9:51 AM  
Blogger Flo Moyer said...

The skirt is cute--and I love the headband.
Flo--who also crochets

10:37 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Really cute! Would be great over black leggings or even a flowing skirt. Would you share the pattern source?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I did link to the skirt above, but here's that link again:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=93&d_id=35&lang=en

And I *think* this is the crochet pattern I used for the headband:

http://www.crochetme.com/patterns/three-strands-crochet-headband

8:57 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I love the skirt and the headband. Very nice gifts!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home