Thursday, December 04, 2008

Yes, I Am An Enabler


I admit it. I am an enabler. When it comes to Muench Touch Me and Vintage Velvet, I am willing to beg you to give it a try. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, the felting part feels like one hell of a gamble but, trust me, it is sooooo worth it.

I felted Vintage Velvet #3 a little while ago and Goldisox had to pick me up from the floor after I swooned at the sight of its velvety lusciousness.
That's it in all its soaking wet glory, about to make the trip through the dryer.
I have one ball left over and I want to force it upon one lucky winner who promises me he or she will knit it up into something and felt it.
It is quite honestly to die for. Seriously.
Send me an email here with VV3 in the subject header and I'll put the RNG to work Saturday.
And in case you're wondering why we're quiet, the publishing world imploded yesterday. I think we're all still in shock. Scary times ahead for writers. And auto workers. And postal employees. And everybody else.
Knitting, anyone?

6 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

How did the publishing world implode? I gotta know!

10:19 PM  
Blogger georg said...

And what I am currently working on the most right now- more socks for the diabetic older lady what lives next door.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Read this for an overview:
http://tinyurl.com/6yjj28
And if you really want to get depressed, just Google "publishing black Wednesday" and see what comes up. I've been in this business a very long time now and I can't remember ever being this apprehensive. (Which is a nice word for scared *#@(@(@)

10:26 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Goodness, I am so sorry to hear about this. Its easy to feel smug about those big car companies and banks coming begging but when you realize its someone you know and admire, well it puts it in a different perspective. Barbara, I hope you and all the authors on this blog stay in good financial shape. I have been struggling for the last few years, I know how it feels. BTW, here is a link to a blog on knitting and crocheting with recycled materials. Its been a godsend to me.
http://laughingpurplegoldfish.blogspot.com/

12:26 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Well, I think I just fell in love with an inanimate object. That scarf. In that color.

So, inquiring minds gotta know, Barbara:

Where do you buy your Touch Me and Vintage Velvet?

And what pattern are you using?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Nephele said...

Whoever gets this ball of Touch Me: There's an sleepmask pattern in the Sex in the Knitty issue of Knitty.com that uses less than 1 ball of Touch Me...

Hmm, my verification word was: velveti

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home